2013年2月4日 星期一

First review

Taking the GE course granted me a chance to explore Art. Personally, I like painting, and everything about art except do it for living. Seldom do I take my free time to visit a gallery, or a museum, I especially treasure this opportunity. 

Had my first visit with the GE class in Fo Tan. There are many abandoned flats in industrial building in Fo Tan which used to be manufacturing, printing, etc. Now, some of those are rented to "artist" or "group of artist". Some manufacturing are still running that makes the environment even smelly,  strange, and mysterious.

The first piece of art, and the first "I think I understood" piece of art is a sculpture shown in the following pictures.



The sculpture is called The Spaceship Of Fools. There are many wood-made human like being "facing" and "following" a golden one that explaining the meaning of fool. 



I think it wanted to show that there are many people following the out standing one and that its a foolish action. Here are some points supporting my point of view: 1. Reading their face, you can see their confusion and fear. 2. All wood-made are facing the golden one.



Apart from typical art works, I found some interesting art works that may present more the "Contemporary"


This art work is perfectly combined with things in every day's life. This is a handcraft container  which contains no usual handcraft but pieces of papers with written words on them. Perhaps I get a paper which wrote my heart broken feeling out and I will cry like a baby. Then, I can use the paper to wipe my nose :P 

Maybe thats the intention of the artist.




More about "Contemporary"


This is a famous religion painting which is about the touch between God and Adam. The artist replaced the head of God by his own. 




This is another similar painting that maxing a famous old painting and some modern things. 






And finally, me in the gallery XD. I found it a perfect match between me and the paintings as if I was the painter.





This is certainly a good start of exploring something about Art. The journey introduced me some aspects of Contemporary Art. One regret was that I tried to find something related to postmodernism which I heard in the class, and I was failed. A reason may be that I had very few chances meeting the artist and talking with them. Eventually, I pretty enjoy this visit.

1 則留言:

  1. Nice humor in you writing. For this course's purpose you should identify the artist and title of work when you write about it. Also when you are talking about other work, instead of writing "famous religious" try to do some research and write Michelangelo's "Creation of Adam" (1512). This will make your review much stronger.

    回覆刪除